Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thimble Summer



Don’t you love these simple illustrations in Elizabeth Enright’s book Thimble Summer? The story is just as charming as the pictures are. I’ve had this book since I was a kid, although I can’t remember where it came from. So, I was very excited to find these lovely letterpress items on Etsy. I really love all the things in papered together's shop!


For more beautiful black and white illustrations, visit Esti here.
And another nice blog, this time from Marie in Denmark, here.

5 comments:

Esti said...

Thanks for the link, jill. You are oh sooo nice.

*Marie* said...

Dear Jill!!!

Thank you soooo much for linking me!!! That makes me very proud:)) I hope to see and hear more from you cause you are my first blog from the USA that stoped by my blog and it makes so much fun to talk to people from arround the world!!! I wish you a great week ( yes!only two days) and a relaxed weekend:)....*Marie*

Jill said...

Your very welcome, Marie! I agree...it's so much fun to make new friends all over the world through blogging, and I love getting glimpses into other people's lives around the globe. You're the first blog I've seen from Denmark, a place I have never been to, but would love to visit someday...I look forward to seeing more on your blog. Great weekend to you too!

Thanks, Esti...I'm always happy to give you a link...by the way, I just got Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami out from the library...I can't wait to start reading it! I couldn't find Tokyo Blue anywhere, but perhaps the title is different in English than in Spanish.

Esti said...

yeah, I checked and the english title is Norwegian Wood. It's probably the original. Don't know why everything is so weird translated in Spanish...

Fine Little Day said...

Very lovely illusrtations.