Friday, July 11, 2008

out to sea





Here's what we saw when we went for a boat ride last weekend. It was kind of a grey day, which made the green of the marsh grass stand out even more.
The lovely Joanna from A Cup of Jo gave my pillows a nice mention yesterday. I feel honored to get a nod from her blog, which I greatly admire for its style and sense of fun. Thank you so much, Joanna! That was very sweet of you!
Wishing you all a pleasant, summery weekend. Unless, you're below the equator, in which case, have a lovely fall weekend!

5 comments:

raining sheep said...

These pictures look so serene. They have those washed out greys that I associate with sailing and docks. My mom and dad live on Vancouver Island and have a beautiful sail boat - regretably I get really ill in boats so I don't go sailing very often.

Mary-Laure said...

What beautiful pictures! I love that wood house, and those green spaces.

Jill said...

Hi Raining Sheep,
I bet Vancouver Island is beautiful! Too bad about seasickness...that is no fun.

Thanks, Mary-Laure!

Kelly said...

Jill, Your blog, photos and beautiful handwork are like a breath of fresh air. Big thanks for inspiring me! I could just hear the water lapping (and otherwise silence) in the top 'out to sea ' photo.

Jill said...

Thanks so much Kelly! Hope your summer is going well!