Monday, August 31, 2009

been knitting




Been knitting since the middle of last week. Have got one scarf done and another almost there. This fall I'll be offering a small collection of knits in my shop. My knitting tends to be about texture and color, because, well...I don't actually know too many stitches to make the fancy patterns yet. But I love playing around with different weights of yarn, different sized needles, and colors that are almost not colors at all, the stuff of clouds and sky.

top photo: grey mohair, soft and airy like a cloud and warm too.
bottom photo: cream virgin wool, unexpectedly soft with lots of texture, warm and cozy.

I came across this link to Grass Doe at the end of last week, via MAV's flickr. Looking at it I feel as if I've taken a wordless trip across the country and back. Please have a look, the photography is incredible.

11 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

I love the colour of both of these, but especially the silver grey! Can't wait for these to hit your store.

orange sugar home said...

love these. so simple and beautiful. the photographs are very gentle as well. carrying us into fall I suppose. will check out your shop to see completed items.

orange sugar home said...

you are so right about those photographs. a little intoxicating...wow.

We Blog Artists said...

Such beautiful knits...love both colours!
Will be sure to go and browse the gorgeous pics.
Thanks for Sharing!
CHar

littlebyrd said...

Oh - these are wonderful Jill! I love the colors you've chosen for your knits, very soft, very pretty. I think these will be a perfect addition to your shop :)

Jill said...

thanks for all your nice comments on the knitting, ladies! it was so nice for me to get that instant feedback! i hope they will be in my shop by next week.

jen jafarzadeh said...

those scarves are beautiful!! and you can see the quality of the yarn, even in just the photo.

Esti said...

Just came back home and trying to catch up with your summer posts... and it turns out you are almost calling this autumn to arrive, with all your nice knitting. Love the colors.

orange sugar home said...

just received my lovely package!! knew it was from you even before I saw the return address because the glorious smell of lavendar perfumed our stack of mail. Thank you!! the pillow is gorgeous and the cards are perfect refelections of each season.

Kim said...

I don't know which I love more, the knitting or the photos of the knitting! Just wonderful!

artycho said...

Those scarfs look gorgeous and soft!