Thursday, September 17, 2009

around the house



Looking around my house, enjoying small bits of color here and there. I'm back to picking small bouquets from my garden and stashing them around. These peaches are divine. Been eating one everyday. Back to cooking too after a summer of shared meals with various friends and family. It's nice to cook in my own kitchen again. Tonight's menu is roast chicken, roasted squash, sauteed swiss chard and a real treat: chocolate bread pudding I made with leftover french bread for dessert. And a glass of red wine, I think.
Thank you so much for all of your kind and supportive comments on my work the past week! I treasure each and every one of them and am honored that you take the time to look and comment.

5 comments:

Kim said...

The photo of peaches is sooo beautiful!!!!

raining sheep said...

I love when you spot these little photo opportunities in the corners of the home. I love shooting little corners as well....quite often, my little corners are much nicer than the whole :)

littlebyrd said...

mmmmm...peaches! I am so bad at picking them out that I've quit buying them. But I love them! Serene...that is the word to desribe your pictures. And beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend!

Stacey said...

What a sweet look around your house, lovely post.

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Found your blog via blue moss - and I'm so glad! I love the little peeks of your home. And your work is beautiful...! Really, just so happy to have found my way to your little corner of the blog world.
-maria