Wednesday, February 10, 2010

changing and adding



So, I'm changing around my shop! After much deliberation about the pro's and con's I decided to switch my Etsy Shop to Big Cartel. Mostly because I really like the way I can make the shop look on my own. Also, I feel as though most of my customers come to my shop from my blog (thank you lovely supportive blog readers) or from other blogs (thank you lovely supportive bloggers), not from searches on Etsy, soooo......that's the reason for the change! I'm still going to keep the Etsy shop up for a while in case you want to look there for feedback or see what's been sold.


I hope you will like the look of the new shop. I will be adding things in the coming weeks, and as usual, will be announcing shop updates here on my blog.


I've just added these bride and groom clothespeg dolls to the new shop.
Wouldn't they be cute as a wedding gift? Maybe some clever person could even figure out how to put them atop a wedding cake!


11 comments:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

They'd be so perfect on a wedding cake!

erin said...

jill, these are so sweet.

Jane Flanagan said...

Love the new store! Bride and grrom clothespin dolls are divine!

angela said...

They are the best wedding couple I have ever seen!

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

They are adorable..! And I love your new website, I do! :)

xo,
-maria

(and OMG, my word verification was 'bridi' - makes me think of bride. Ha!)

littlebyrd said...

Your new shop looks WONDERFUL!!!! I love how you've designed it - very clean, bright, and pretty. Hmmm....gets me thinking about change. The bride and groom turned out so good!!

Jill said...

thanks for looking at my new shop you all, and the dolls too! you know, i have been so nervous about switching my shop over!!! i may still keep a few things on etsy too, i'll just see how it goes. anyway, i so much appreciate your supportive and kind words on the change :)

Kate McPhee said...

I love these little dolls. I don't know what's best for the shops; both of yours look good. Etsy has gotten so huge, I don't think many people get sales randomly. How did you get people to start coming to your blog? I am still just starting out, sort of, and need ways to get people to come looking.

Bohemian girl said...

Good for you, Etsy definitely makes lot of money on us, that is all I can say....
Big cartel is just a shop hanging there without a centralized search engine, is that right? Anyway, if you have clientele coming, it is good for you because in the end you don't have to pay the hosting page for selling.
I wish you a lot of succes! The shop looks wonderful!

lucy said...

all the best with your new shop. It's a pleasure to visit. I too like the clothespin dolls!

Hena Tayeb said...

very cute