Friday, July 9, 2010

in love





So in love with this quilt I found at the flea market. Oh, how I wish the lady who put this together knew how happy and honored I am to have it in my home! Each square is made from the most delightful bits of vintage fabric, each one a little different. There's even the date hand stitched into the corner, 1956. I'm just crazy about the whole thing.
Have a great weekend, all. I think there will be rain here, but not really a break in the heat.
Soooo....we are drinking lots of ice tea and having bread and cheese for dinner. Way too hot to cook.

9 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

So awesome!!

BananaSaurusRex said...

That's beautiful! Kinda makes me want to stitch the date into some of my creations - maybe they'll last that long? Stay cool, mama!

blue moss said...

i'm crazy about it, too!!! love that the date is on it
stay cool
michelle

AnnaVallance said...

That is the most beautiful quilt and how lucky for you to bring it home and love it and use it as it was meant to be.

Liz said...

It is such a pretty quilt. Your bed looks all cozy!
We finally got a bit of a break from the heat. I'll send cool thoughts your way.
xo

orange sugar home said...

what a room! the light is lovely. the quilt is wonderful and I know what you mean about wanting to know know its maker.

Unknown said...

Reminds me of the quilts my grandmother made. So beautiful and made with love.

Jill said...

thanks for all your nice comments, ladies! i hope you all are surviving the summer heat :)

Marina said...

Such a pretty quilt, and it really fits in with the lovely aesthetic of the rest of what you feature on your blog. I'm working on a quilt design at the moment, and the way this quilt's designer used white to set off the blue blocks is inspiring.