Wednesday, August 11, 2010

greenhouse








Greenhouse envy! This is the greenhouse at the Strawberry Banke Museum in Portsmouth, NH (which is a great living history museum, by the way). After my visit here I am having visions of working in a greenhouse studio. I think I would be quite happy moving my sewing machine in here and sewing away among all the plants. Big crush on the ferns too, I can't seem to keep one alive at my own house.
I'm adding some fall things to my shop today. Fall!?! Seems crazy, doesn't it?

7 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

This is amazing. For a second it reminded me of something from home and I was sure you'd been to Ireland! Maybe just the particular shade of green or something subtle...

I would love a greenhouse!

chelsea said...

beautiful pics! i always love a greenhouse. i feel at home in them:)

Amanda said...

This is so pretty! I've spent so much time in Portsmouth, I can't believe I've never been!

gracia said...

I have greenhouse envy too. I long to have even a tiny little greenhouse of my own one day.

Thanks for the photos shared.

lucy said...

I certainly envy that greenhouse spot and your idea of adding a sewing machine. I'd be in heaven too!
Happy weekend Jill.

Kat Ibáñez said...

Hi Jill!I would love to have a greenhouse...They are so practical but romantic at the same time!

Have a nice day!

Jill said...

hi jane, it was a cloudy day and it made the greens seem greener, perhaps a bit like ireland? someday i will make a trip there to see for myself ;)

thank you chelsea, i love being around so many plants too.

hi amanda, yes, you should check out the museum and greenhouse, it's such a nice place.

thanks, gracia. i'm always plotting where i could fit a tiny greenhouse, like on our kitchen roof, which is flat. but i'm pretty sure the city would never give me a permit for it. i hope you get your greenhouse someday!

hi lucy! hope your summer is going well!

hi catherine, you are right, greenhouses are romantic! i never thought of them that way, but now i will ;)