Thursday, September 1, 2011






Late summer, back at home now after being away for almost 5 weeks. I'm happy to be home. It's cooler now in the city, cool enough to drink a cup of tea at night. I like that. It's been taking all week to get things together here, getting ready for the kids going back to school, seeing friends and neighbors, cleaning, weeding the garden, grocery shopping. It's nice to cook in my own kitchen again and to visit the farmer's market down the street from my house. I'm working on knitting a sweater. Almost half way done, I think. I've got lots of knits planned for the fall in my shop....so yeah, got to get knitting!

7 comments:

ashley sullivan said...

welcome back, jill! i always look forward to your simple posts. i hope you'll share some photos from the summer!

lucy said...

Helloooo there Jill! Glad you're back and settling in at home. I hope there will be lots of tea drinking and knitting of course!
cheers,

PJ said...

ah, tea and sweaters. that certainly speaks of fall. welcome back!

Forty Pound Sack said...

Welcome back!

Jane Flanagan said...

So nice to have you back!

Jill said...

Hi everyone! I hadn't checked in in a while after posting this, and was so happy to see all your comments. I hope you all are enjoying the start of September and I hope to be back to regular posting soon...just have gotten bogged down with the start of school and haven't been taking photos :)

Alicia said...

I love this last photo.