Friday, December 16, 2011




What a whirlwind few weeks it has been! Now I'm done with the holiday shows and have (almost) completed my Christmas shopping. I still have yet to bake any Christmas cookies. Got to remedy that somehow this weekend.

We have our tree up and decorated. I've always thought the Christmas tree began as a pagan tradition of leaving a tree filled with food for the birds and animals during the darkest, coldest days of winter, but after looking it up the other night, I discovered there is another explanation as well. Apparently, December 24th is the feast day of Adam and Eve, and the tree represents the Paradise tree in the Garden of Eden, while the ornaments represent the apple of knowledge.
Interesting!

Hope you have a nice weekend whether it is filled with holiday plans or not!

p.s. the little deer among the clothespeg dolls is a fern animal by ashley anna brown.

No comments: