Friday, February 22, 2008

Green




I am longing for the green of springtime. It's still a ways away. Today we are having a snowstorm. I will take some snow pictures today and post them tomorrow. It's actually a very pretty snow. Here are some green things from around my house...the last photo was taken last summer. My daughter and I picked these strawberries and made them into a delicious strawberry jam. The half eaten doughnut is a cider doughnut...my favorite kind, which must come from Russell Orchards in Ipswich, MA and still be warm when you eat it.

7 comments:

AngieK said...

Me too, I can't wait until spring comes. We get a snowstorm almost every week, uugh!

Mallinkowa said...

I long for strawberries. They look delicious on your photo. Yummy!

Andrea Tachezy said...

hmmm, strawberries...and figs :-)

Esti said...

Still strawberries in our shops in Bilbao. Kids love them and the smell is just sooo good.

Mary-Laure said...

I am absolutely ACHING for sping and some strawberries.
I didn't know about those cider doughnuts from Ipswich, I wish I someone had told me about the place back in the days when I was living in Cambridge!

artycho said...

Spring is coming, after the snow storm, I love green especially when I look out of the window, calm and plain...

Jill said...

I'm glad I'm not alone in wishing for spring! Thanks for all your lovely comments, everyone.