Monday, September 13, 2010


The weekend was busy catching up with friends and neighbors we haven't seen in a while.
I've been trying to spend 15 minutes a day weeding my little garden, getting it back in shape for the fall after the late summer's neglect. I can see the progress already and it makes me remember that fall is actually a great season in the garden. Roses are still blooming and now the clematis and the hydrangea are showing off as well.
I've been back to making soup now that it's fall. Last week tomato, then yesterday, lentil.

2 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh wow - both these pictures are fantastic! I remember being shocked last year when I was home in October to see the gardens still so verdant and roses blooming everywhere. Hope you enjoy your hands in the soil!!

Jill said...

thanks, jane :)