Wednesday, June 22, 2011




I spent yesterday afternoon making jam. It took about a hour, maybe two tops. I didn't use a recipe with pectin or do the whole sterilizing/sealing jars thing figuring I'd only be making about 3 jars and they will be eaten in the next month or so...we used half of the first jar this morning if that's any indication!

I used a recipe from my favorite Gourmet cookbook (the huge one with the yellow cover if you're wondering), which is also available on-line here.

And then my favorite easy biscuits. So good with jam, but also can be used for strawberry shortcake. Similar recipe is here.

Yesterday my work was featured on Poppytalk! Thank you, Jan and Earl!

8 comments:

BananaSaurusRex said...

Looks so yummy - I'm sure it won't last long!
Your photos are beautiful by the way, and I hope you have a beautiful day!

Lisa said...

Oh, Jill, that looks delicious! I should try this too…

Jane Flanagan said...

Perfect! Local strawberry season is such a special time of year!

angela said...

making want to bake something right now! everything in your kitchen is so inviting and peaceful. Love it.

jokemijn said...

oh that looks so delicious! my grandma makes me strawberry jam every year, i love it!

Jill said...

thanks all for your nice comments! i've been away for the last week, so i'm slow to get back here. hope everyone got to try some strawberries this season!

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! I can't wait for summer! In Autumn I planted about 20 new strawberries I grew from runners. I hope they produce well!!

Shareware zoo said...

Pretty cool of your post! Very nice photo! Thanks for sharing~ -----video converter reviews